Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: New Altered CD Clip

  1. #1
    Inactive Member beat Hit's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 14th, 2002
    Posts
    641
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Once again, where's the HOD Police when you need it!!! Steve, you should get arrested and be jailed for a week for posting such a Clip... [img]wink.gif[/img]

    I am obviously kiddin... I can't view it though (I get: "unable to download appropriate decompressor"), so I can only listen and I am really digging it, nice "Raw" Fusion. Your playing is very clean and done with taste... Inspiring.

    Thanks for sharing it and keep it up... [img]graemlins/party.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Dazzler's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 3rd, 2003
    Posts
    1,373
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wierd, when I played it I got the same thing, just the audio. The only difference was that it crashed my pc!! I couldn't move my mouse and the whole thing froze. When I ctr-alt-del nothing happened, so I had to hard reboot.
    Is there something wrong with my pc or is Steve playing with our minds? (and pc's!) [img]wink.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member beat Hit's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 14th, 2002
    Posts
    641
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh no!!! It's gotta be a virus he engineered!!! Our PC's have been... "ALTERED"??? [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img] [img]eek.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thinking.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Dazzler's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 3rd, 2003
    Posts
    1,373
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well it was an error on my part. I saw the clip and it Rox! Lovely playing as usual Setve. Great hands, great musicianship and lovely phrasing. Chops-a-plenty too! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Jean-Paul's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 3rd, 2003
    Posts
    251
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I play it on the latest mediaplayer with left mouse button on play with winzip! No problems at all.

    Wow Steve, impressive. Great drumming and music. Besides the quality of both visual and sound is very good.

    Would you like to reveal the pattern you play in song three with your left hand on toms and floortoms?

  6. #6
    Inactive Member royerin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2002
    Posts
    492
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Very nice playing indeed Steve. Ditto on Dazzler's comments. Is the entire version of The Chicken in 7 or just the solo?

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Bergermeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 26th, 2003
    Posts
    59
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Great playing Steve! A little blush-da there in the swing break, (2:10) very nice! How in the world do you get that one hand flam down? (00:47 & 1:47) Sounds like the flam stroke could be the rim, ride or foot, or is it just a rim shot? I hear Weckl do the one hand flam alot. Nice DOOMIII shirt! Don't tell me your testing that game! I will need a new PC for that one!

    Thanks

  8. #8
    Inactive Member shedder's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2002
    Posts
    533
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    quicktime version?

  9. #9
    HB Forum Owner Steve Holmes's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8th, 2001
    Posts
    1,243
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wow you guys are fast! Thanks for the nice words! Those having problems playing it should ge the latest WM player here. Mac users will need a QT version, I'll cook one up soon.

    Bergermeister: The flams are pretty straight-forward. The first is just the RH on cymbal with BD coming down slightly ahead of the LH on the snare. Second one is just RH on the floor tom ahead of the left on the snare with crashes in between them. =)

    Roy: We play the chicken in 7 (We call it Seven Chickens, heh). Check John Flitcrafts site for more clips.
    I may go back to that studio and film some instructional/ explanations of the stuff I played, or it may just be the tunes. Not sure yet.

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ July 24, 2003 12:12 PM: Message edited by: Steve Holmes ]</font>

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Bergermeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 26th, 2003
    Posts
    59
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanx Steve! I see/hear what your doin! I'll work on that. Been workin on all the Flam Rudiments lately. RL good LR weak. Concentrating on invert strokes and finger pressure.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •